Flexible mixing for the field!
The Sound Devices 302 portable field mixers are great for the pro on the go! Developed for audio-for-picture applications, the 302 mixer is the perfect tool for production companies and camera operators wanting to take control of their audio. The 302 is stunning for its size, flexibility, control, and performance. It is the most compact and cost-effective battery-powered professional audio mixer in its class. For pros and hobbyists alike, the Sound Devices 302 is great for on-the-go audio for video production.
With important features to accommodate nearly any over-the-shoulder production, the 302 interfaces with wireless transmitters and receivers, camera audio inputs of all kinds, and external audio recorders. Its microphone inputs share the same superb circuitry of all Sound Devices field production tools.
Compact and powerful
Like Sound Devices larger 442 Field Mixer, the 302 has a complete feature-set in a compact, functional design. All controls are accessible on its three main surfaces, so there are no hidden controls. The high-efficiency power circuitry runs the mixer from either three internal AA batteries or external 5-18 VDC.
Studio-style features in a portable box
The 302 is loaded with features that put it on par with gear commonly found in professional studios. Three transformer-balanced mic/line level inputs provide great, clean sound. Limiters on the inputs and outputs prevent overs. Plus, the addition of MS linking of channels 1 and 2 provides a great method for stereo recording.
Sound Devices 302 Features:
- 3 transformer-balanced mic or line-level inputs
- Lundahl transformer-balanced mic or line level inputs on XLR connectors
- Continuously adjustable input trim
- 2-position highpass filter
- Pan switches
- Limiters on inputs and outputs
- Stereo and MS linking of channel 1 and 2
- Phantom (48V or 12V) or “T” microphone powering selected per channel
- Solo (PFL) channel monitoring in headphones
- Peak limiters per channel
- Tape level output on TA3 locking connectors
- Active-balanced line/tape/mic level outputs on XLR connectors
- Stereo tape level output on TA3 connector
- Return input for monitoring
- Channel 4/5 input option
- Sunlight-viewable LED meters, with proprietary software selected ballistics
- Onboard MS stereo matrix
- Push pots for setup features, to keep the front panel clutter-free
- Durable extruded aluminum chassis
- Weight less than 1 kg with batteries
- Powered by 3 AA batteries or external 5 – 18 VDC
20 Hz – 30 kHz, +0.2, -0.5 dB, -1 dB @ 5 Hz and 50 kHz typical
|Equivalent Input Noise:||
-126 dBu (-128 dBV) maximum (22 Hz – 22 kHz bandwidth, flat filter, trim control fully up)
|Input Clipping Level:||
0 dBu minimum (trim control fully down)
|Line Output Clipping Level (1% THD):||
20 dBu minimum, 18 dBu minimum with 600 ohm load
115 dB minimum (trim fully down)
|THD + Noise:||
0.007% typical (1 kHz, +4 dBu at Line out), 0.009 max (50 Hz to 20 kHz, +18 dBu at line out, fader fully up)
-100 dBu (-102 dBV) maximum (22 Hz – 22 kHz bandwidth, flat filter, master gain fully up, faders fully down)
|L/R Gain Matching:||
+/- 0.1 dB (Mic In to Line Out)
40-segment, sunlight-viewable Selectable peak, VU, or peak (with or without peak hold) + VU ballistics
Switchable 80 Hz or 160 Hz, 12 dB/oct, silent activation
|Mic Powering (each mic selectable):||
None, 12 V phantom, 48 V phantom, 12 V T-power, selected per mic input
+18 dBu threshold, 20:1 limiting ratio, 1 mS attack time, 200 mS release time.
Affects the outputs of the mixer. Threshold selectable from +4 dBu to +20 dBu, 1 dB steps, 20:1 limiting ratio, 1 mS attack time, 200 mS release time
Internal ±16 V (bi-polar) regulated audio rails, 2.4 – 6 V range internal batteries, isolated (floating) external DC input jack, 5-18 V locking 4-pin Hirose connector, pin-4 = (+), pin-1 = (-)
Operating: -20°C to 60°C, 0 to 95% relative humidity; (non-condensing), storage: -40°C to 85°C
0.85 kg, (1.8 lbs) unpackaged with three alkaline AA batteries
47 mm x 214 mm x 114 mm (H x W x D), 1.8" x 8.4" x 4.5"