We designed V4 with certain characteristics of classic FET microphones in mind, while also utilizing modern technology & design to meet the demands of today’s recording professionals. Our ultra-thin 3µm edge-terminated capsule diaphragms are extraordinarily sensitive, ensuring that every nuance and detail of the performance is faithfully captured.
We heard from a number of Vanguard V44S users that they loved the clean and full character of the V44S so much as an alternative to their V13 and V1 microphones, they wanted a small “mono” version of the V44S for travel purposes. The signal and power paths of the V4 is identical to a single channel of the V44S, but because we had space for an extra PCB and switch, we couldn’t resist adding a simple pad/rolloff combo switch to the rear, as well as spacing the power conversion circuit as far as possible from the signal path.
After hundreds of hours of listening with world-class engineers in environments ranging from fully-equipped major studios to bootstrapped home setups, we can confidently say that this microphone will vastly exceed the performance of other microphones in its price range, and rival the performance of microphones costing several times more.
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Capsule Size: 1.34″ / 34mm (dual-capsule)
- Diaphragm Size: 1.04″ / 26.4mm
- Capsule Diaphragms Thickness: 3µm
- Electronics Type: Solid-state, electronically-balanced output
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Max SPL: appx. 135dB (145dB w/ Pad)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20000Hz
- Equivalent Noise Level: <=14dBA (A-weighted)
- Sensitivity: TBA
- Output Connector: Male XLR 3-pin, gold-plated
- High-Pass/Rolloff Switch: 120Hz (either/or with pad)
- Attenuation/Pad Switch: -10dB (either/or with rolloff)
- Finish: Polished nickel trim / High-gloss Pinot Noir
- Weight (microphone): 0.83 lbs / 0.38 kg
- Weight (in case): 5.63 lbs / 2.56 kg
- Dimensions (microphone): 7.25″ long, 1.8″ diameter / 184mm long, 46mm diameter
- Dimensions (case): 12″L x 11″W x 5.75″H / 305mmL x 280mmW x 146mmH
- Voltage Requirement: Phantom Power (+48V ideal)