A New Standard of Power and Clarity in Point Source Loudspeakers
PRECISION CONCENTRIC DRIVER CONFIGURATION
The ULTRA-X40 brings the technology breakthroughs in our flagship LEO Family line arrays to a versatile, compact loudspeaker. Its innovative concentric-driver configuration couples two 8-inch cone drivers to a rotatable waveguide surrounding a 3-inch high-frequency compression driver, to deliver smooth response across its entire range and directional control down to 400 Hz.
IMPRESSIVELY POWERFUL, STUNNINGLY COMPACT
The ULTRA-X40 breaks new ground in power-to-size performance, thanks to its ultra-efficient 3-channel Class D amplifier that provides peak output of 1,950 watts with a max sustained current draw of just 1.3 A (230 V AC). And, it delivers a linear peak SPL of 130.5 dB free-field at 1 meter measured with Meyer Sound M-Noise. All this in a speaker that’s just 12.5 by 22 by 14 inches and less than 55 pounds—20 pounds lighter than its predecessor, the UPA-1P.
BROADEN (OR NARROW) YOUR HORIZONS
Two horn options give you total flexibility in system design. The ULTRA-X40’s precisely-tuned, rotatable 110° x 50° Constant-Q horn delivers uniform response throughout its coverage area. Need more focused coverage? Choose the ULTRA-X42 variation, which offers a narrower 70° x 50° pattern.
ALWAYS ON POINT
The ULTRA-X40 brings new versatility to system design and deployment. It’s at home in any portable or installed application requiring predictable, controllable wide coverage, from concert halls and clubs to houses of worship, theatrical sound reinforcement, theme parks, stadiums, concert halls, and nightclubs. It’s perfect for frontfill and under balcony use and in portable A/V systems and small voice-reinforcement systems.
READY FOR RIGGING
If you can dream it, you can install it, with ULTRA-X40’s flexible rigging and mounting options. An integral handle can be used for portable applications or removed for permanent installation; 11 integral M8 points and an integral 35 mm pole-mount receptacle broaden the possibilities. Optional rigging accessories include an adjustable pole with M20 slug, a U-bracket, a yoke, a pinnable link on a channel for hanging multiple units from a single pick-up point, and cluster plates for versatile loudspeaker grouping.
It Meets Expectations, Every Time
The ULTRA-X40’s internal signal processing includes electronic crossover management, phase and frequency response correction filters, and driver protection circuitry. It all adds up to ultra-flat amplitude and phase response for exceptional impulse response and precise imaging.
POWER UP WITH PEACE OF MIND
ULTRA-X40 is equipped with Meyer Sound’s Intelligent AC, which auto-selects correct operating voltage, suppresses high-voltage transients, filters EMI, and provides soft-start power-up.
SYSTEM STATUS IS A CLICK AWAY
Don’t leave system management to chance: Optional RMS remote monitoring lets you keep a close eye on loudspeaker parameters from a Windows or Mac computer.
WHATEVER THE WEATHER (PROTECTION)
The ULTRA-X40’s trapezoidal enclosure is crafted from premium multi-ply birch with a finely textured finish. A powder-coated, perforated steel grille protects the driver elements. Full weather protection and custom color finishes are also available.
- Operating Frequency Range2: 55 Hz – 19.5 kHz
- Frequency Response: 56 Hz – 19 kHz ± 4 dB
- Phase Response: 90 Hz – 19.5 kHz ±45°
- Linear Peak SPL: 132.5 dB with 18 dB crest factor (M-noise),130 dB (Pink Noise), 131 dB (B-noise)
- Rotatable horn: 110° x 50°
- Low Frequency: Two 8-inch cone drivers; 4 Ω nominal impedance
- High Frequency:One 3-inch diaphragm compression driver connected to a rotatable horn; 8 Ω nominal impedance
- Type-Differential, electronically balanced
- Maximum Common Mode Range: ±15 V DC, clamped to earth for voltage transient protection
- Connectors:XLR 3-pin female input with male loop output; optional XLR 5-pin connector to accommodate both balanced audio and RMS signals.
- Input Impedance:10 kΩ differential between pins 2 and 3
- Wiring:Pin 1: Chassis/earth through 1 kΩ, 1000 pF, 15 V clamp network to provide virtual ground lift at audio frequencies
Pin 2: Signal +
Pin 3: Signal –
Pin 4: RMS (polarity insensitive)
Pin 5: RMS (polarity insensitive)
Case: Earth ground and chassis
- Nominal Input Sensitivity: 0 dBV (1.0 V rms) continuous is typically the onset of limiting for noise and music
- Input Level:Audio source must be capable of producing of +20 dBV (10 V rms) into 600 Ω to produce the maximum peak SPL over the operating bandwidth of the loudspeaker.
- Type: 3-channel, Class-D
- Total Output Power: 1950 W peak
- THD, IM, TIM: <0.02%
- Cooling: Convection
- Connector: powerCON 20 input with loop output
- Automatic Voltage Selection: 90–265 V AC, 50–60 Hz
- Safety Rated Voltage Range: 100–240 V AC, 50–60 Hz
- Turn-on and Turn-off Points: 90 V AC turn-on, no turn-off; internal fuse protection above 265 V AC
- Idle Current: 0.27 A rms (115 V AC); 0.25 A rms (230 V AC); 0.29 A rms (100 V AC)
- Maximum Long-Term Continuous Current (>10 sec): 1.9 A rms (115 V AC); 1.0 A rms (230 V AC); 2.2 A rms (100 V AC)
- Burst Current (<1 sec): 3.1 A rms (115 V AC); 1.5 A rms (230 V AC); 3.4 A rms (100 V AC)
- Maximum Instantaneous Peak Current: 6.9 A rms (115 V AC); 3.4 A rms (230 V AC); 7.9 A rms (100 V AC)
- Inrush Current: <20 A peak
RMS NETWORK (OPTIONAL)
- Two-conductor twisted-pair network that reports all operating parameters of amplifiers to system
operator’s host computer
- Dimensions: W: 12.51 in (318 mm) x H: 22.31 in (567 mm) x D: 14 in (356 mm); D with handles: 15.38 in (391 mm)
- Weight: 52 lb (23.6 kg)
- Enclosure: Premium multi-ply birch with slightly textured black finish
- Protective Grille: Powder-coated, round-perforated steel
- Rigging: 11 integrated M8 threaded points; 35 mm Pole Mount with M20 thread; optional accessories forvarious rigging options (see accessories section).